Man Pleads Guilty to Break-ins at Bon Jovi’s, Others Homes

September 7, 2012

By John Burton

FREEHOLD – The Beachwood man who broke into rock star Jon Bon Jovi’s house and other homes on Navesink River Road last year has pleaded guilty to the string of burglaries.

Nicholas Tracy, 22, pleaded guilty in state Superior Court in Freehold on Wednesday, Sept. 5, to three counts of theft in the second degree and one count of burglary in the third degree, as part of a negotiated plea agreement, according to acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni.

As part of that agreement, Judge Ronald L. Reisner is expected to sentence Tracy to five years in state prison on Oct. 12 when the defendant again appears in court.

The burglaries, during which hundreds of thousands of dollars in valuables were taken, occurred in 2011 on March 14, April 1 and April 3 in homes along the affluent Navesink River Road section of Middletown Township.

According to a Middletown police investigation, in each of the instances a significant amount of personal property was taken, mostly jewelry, amounting to more than $300,000, the prosecutor said.

When police responded on April 13, 2011, to another call about a break-in, they discovered Tracy in the act of burglarizing the home and arrested him.

The subsequent investigation resulted in the return of some of the stolen items, authorities said.



You may also like

Burglar of Exclusive Homes ...

By John Burton   FREEHOLD – The Beachwood m...

LS Police Report Daytime Bu...

LITTLE SILVER — Borough police are asking for in...

Rumson Police Make Arrest I...

RUMSON _ Detective Christopher J. Isherwood of the...

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply